How did we end up here in the first place?
This book is a history lesson on how we ended up with things like performance reviews. This book will dive into:
- Second Industrial Revolution: The beginnings of workplace reforms
- Hawthorne Works Experiements: How Elon Mayo helped us better understand workplace dynamics
- Hawthorne Ignites Policy Changes: Laws that helped inform performacne management at a federal level
- Establishment of the Performance Review: How the Jack Welch style of performance management started to take over corporate America
- Undead Performance Evaluation: The slow revolt against performance reviews
- Switch to Continuous Performance Management: How today's companies are moving towards a model of more regular feedback